Mysore sambar is made with freshly ground spices.
- Channa Dal
- Coriander Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Red Chilies
- Black Peppercorns
- Fresh or dry Coconut
- Toor Dal
- Vegetables of your choice
- Mustard seeds (tempering)
- Asafetida Powder
- Curry Leaves
- Dry red chili
- Sambar powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a pan heat coconut oil, roast the Mysore sambar powder ingredients like Toor Dal, Chana Dal, Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Red Chilies, Black Peppercorns, Fresh or dry Coconut.
- Let it cool for sometime, add jaggery and then Powder it. Mysore sambar powder is ready.
- Cook the Toor dal, mash and keep aside. Take vegetables in a pan and add water. Add turmeric powder and salt cover and cook till the vegetables become soft.
- Add the cooked dal, tamarind extract, and sambar powder and mix well, let it boil
- Add ghee Temper with mustard seeds, Hing, and chili. Once the mustard seeds splutter add the tempering.
- Add the coriander and serve hot Mysore sambar with idli or rice.